Atrium Group is an owner, manager and developer of shopping centers operating in Central and Eastern Europe. The Colliers team was tasked with tailoring and guiding through the process of green certification for some of the facilities in the group's portfolio.
BREEAM In-Use certification of Atrium's facilities began in 2020. There were 9 shopping centers undergoing the process: Atrium Biała in Białystok, Atrium Copernicus in Toruń, Galeria Dominikańska in Wrocław, and Atrium King Cross, Atrium Reduta, Atrium Promenada, Atrium Targówek, Focus and Wars Sawa Junior located in Warsaw. The certification process occurred simultaneously at all the aforementioned shopping centers. All of the listed facilities were awarded the Very Good level.
In the certification process, experts from Colliers were tasked with performing an analysis of the preliminary potential of each building, coordinating the entire process, supporting the final audit, documentation and substantive work, and advisory services.
- Identification of building systems and verification of their compliance with BREEAM
- Coordination of activities in all certified shopping malls at the same time
- Achievement of Very Good levels for all certified buildings
- Involvement of an ecologist in the project, who assessed the buildings' environmental impact and ecological potential
- Analysis of the energy efficiency of the buildings and of the way they are manager