Senior Partner, Head of Corporate Finance | CEE
"Our activity in the real estate and finance sectors goes well beyond the standard scope. We focus on finding answers to the challenges of the modern world related to the development of cities, technology and digitalization, to climate change and sustainable development."
Comprehensive financial advice regarding real estate
We are the only team on the Polish real estate market with proven experience gained in private equity and investment banking, capable of providing our clients with comprehensive support based on five pillars:
1. Establishing investment platforms
Colliers Corporate Finance offers full support at each stage of creating an investment platform: from concept development and analysis, through searching for business partners, strategic investors, JV partners, through advisory in finding the right people to manage the platform, including asset and investment fund managers.
Our services cover all asset classes: residential (including build to rent and build to sell projects), student housing and other assets in the Living sector; offices, industrial and logistics assets (incl. light production), various types of retail and mixed-use objects; hospitality assets (including resorts); as well as data centres, life science and a new real estate sector based on modular construction.
We support funds in the fundraising processes. Before presenting the opportunity to the investors, we analyze the client's fund assumptions in order to maximize the interest of potential investors and conduct a complete financial analysis of the fund from their perspective. The offering is proposed to the relevant group of investors expressing interest in a given fund, region of operation and asset classes.
3. Strategic consulting combined with financial modelling
Our experience and services transcendent real estate, which enables us to confirm the strategic assumptions and business model. When advising the client, we prepare financial model from the perspective of a future investor, which - in addition to standard rent-roll analysis - includes the analysis and forecast of various returns, including: IRR, CM, FFO & AFFO, cash on cash return, running yield, ROI.
Clients expecting selected, specific solutions that do not constitute a complete platform, may benefit from our:
4. Assistance in bank loan structuring (incl. corporate debt finance)
Companies from the real estate sector, including Investors, Developers and Tenants, depending on the client's situation, may benefit from advice on obtaining the following types of loans: construction loan, investment loan, loans for individual assets and for entire portfolios purchase, as well as loans for the acquisition of entire companies and enterprises; including M&A financing (margin loan, LBO).
5. All forms of capital requirements (equity)
As a supplement or alternative to bank debt, on behalf of our clients, we search for such forms of financing as: equity finance, mezzanine finance, preferred equity, senior stretch, junior loan, etc.
Operating in Poland and across the CEE region, we ensure a wide range of Corporate Finance services that fully meet the needs of the real estate market:
- Search for capital, financial investors and support in M&A (mergers and acquisitions) and creating joint venture structures.
- Introducing new investors to the commercial real estate market in CEE countries.
- Support of experienced developers operating on the real estate market in their search of a strategic investor.
- Preparation of financial models for companies in search of financing, including investment platforms.
- Preparation of professional information memoranda.
- Support in the selection of a group of advisers.
- Coordination of due diligence processes and support in business negotiations.
- Advice on preparing of an IPO (Initial Public Offering), jointly with an investment bank.
- Advice on obtaining bank and non-bank financing, including mezzanine finance and junior loans and other non-standard forms of financing.
- Identifying the best form of financing tailored to a specific project.
- Comprehensive coordination of the process, both on equity and debt side – from collecting offers, to the credit documentation stage and closing. Business support in negotiating collateral agreements to the loan agreement and other related agreements; hedging agreements, escrow agreements, etc.
Our work provides the perfect opportunity to combine professional passions with a variety of interests. We are active members of key, prestigious industry organizations – in July 2020, Dorota Wysokińska-Kuzdra, Corporate Finance CEE department’s Head, was elected to join the select Urban Land Institute Europe Executive Committee. The current chairwoman of ULI Poland will gain even greater influence on the activities of the European branch of the oldest and largest global organization that brings together over 45,000 real estate experts.
Dorota Wysokińska-Kuzdra spent 11 years as Senior Partner at Griffin Real Estate, where she was responsible for the Group’s management and investments, including the first mezzanine fund operating in Poland. Before joining Griffin, for over 10 years, she held director positions in the HypoVereinsbank/ UniCredit Group, and also in their subsidiaries, being responsible for real estate investment banking and real estate finance.
Dorota joined Colliers in 2018 as the Head of newly created Corporate Finance | CEE Department, which she has built from scratches. and currently she holds position of Senior Partner. Under her supervision, activity of the department covers the whole CEE region in assets of all types, providing Clients with comprehensive support in establishing investment platforms, fundraising, strategic consulting and financial modelling, corporate debt finance and all other forms of capital requirements across all asset classes.