Umakanth heads South India Advisory business in Colliers International India. He has over 17 years of relevant professional experience related to Strategic Consulting, Market Research, Transaction advisory, Business & Program Management, valuations and other Infrastructure & Urban development related Studies. Prior to joining Colliers International, Umakanth has worked with Jones Lang LaSalle (India), Community Consulting India Private Limited (Indian Subsidiary of the Communities Group International, USA), MDP Consultants Private Limited (Indian Subsidiary of DHV Group of Companies, The Netherlands).
Umakanth has hands on experience in the fields of Real Estate Sector, Urban Development & Infrastructure, Master Planning and Architecture. He has executed several studies related to townships & integrated mixed-use development projects, real estate management, large scale portfolio valuation, feasibility & techno economic viability studies, location consulting, master planning, urban development & management, poverty alleviation and urban reforms, in various disciplines from team member to project manager.
Till date he has handled and executed more than 350 assignments across the State of Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Orissa & Rajasthan. Few prestigious and distinguished projects are:
- Demand Assessment and Project Identification Study for Development of Tourism Infrastructure Projects at Selected Destinations in 4 Tourist Circuits of Karnataka on PPP basis and Preparation of Tourism Master Plan for Shimoga District- assigned by Karnataka State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (KSIIDC)-
- Technical advisory services for development of three industrial development zones in Eranakulam, Thiruvananthapuram & Kozhikode, Kerala, India- assigned by Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (KINFRA)
- Industrial Profiling for Development of Multi-Purpose Industrial Clusters in Kerala, India- for KINFRA.
- Commercial / Office Market Profiling for Setting-Up of Business by an IT Company in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi & Kozhikode, Kerala, India- assigned by KINFRA.
- Conceptualization, Market Assessment and Identify a Suitable JD Partner for the Land belonging to KS&DL Located at Bangalore, Mysore and Shimoga- assigned by Karnataka Soaps & Detergents Ltd.
- Market Study, Demand Supply Assessment & Business Plan Preparation for Land Parcel Located Adjoining Bangalore International Airport- assigned by KSIIDC-IL&FS Project Development Company Ltd.
- City Development Plan for the Bhubaneswar City in Orissa under the assistance from the USAID FIRE (D-III) Project for accessing financial assistance under the JNNURM of the Government of India.
- City Development Plan for five towns -Alwar, Baran, Chhabar, Dholpur & Uniara in Rajasthan in association with Project Development Company of Rajasthan (PDCOR).
- Regulation of waste management for Madurai Municipal Corporation under JNNURM.
- Kerala Sustainable Urban Development Project (ADB PPTA: 4106-IND), Department of Local Self Government, Govt. of Kerala
- Theerapatham Urban Development Project for the Department of Local Self Government, State of Kerala, funded by Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC).
- Valuation of the Fair Market Value of Land Proposed to be Acquired all along the Metro Alignment by BMRCL, Bangalore
Apart from the advisory services, Umakanth has also Executed land transaction advisory in the districts of Kozhikode and Kochi for Coca-Cola India Pvt. Ltd. (CCIPL), Gateway Distriparks (Kerala) Ltd., and Techmate Townships International Private Limited, SPV of TECH GROUP Pvt. JSC, Ajman, UAE.
Umakanth holds Post Graduate Degree in Urban Planning from School of Planning & Architecture, (deemed to be a University), New Delhi, India. He is a graduate in Architecture from Hindustan Engineering College, Padur, Madras University, Chennai.
Memberships & Involvements
Umakanth is a member of Institute of Town Planners, India and Council of Architecture India.