Assistant General Manager
A result oriented professional with more than 18 years’ experience in civil engineering & construction industry, hands on experience in managing, supervision and execution of all aspects of developments in India and Gulf with multi-storeyed (up to 25 floors) and mega residential, commercial and industrial projects in reputed PMC’s, in-house constructions and contracting companies. I am an enthusiastic team leader, I am also motivated and capable to work on my own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines.
My key strength has always been having pure hands-on approach to construction, involving detailed micro-scheduling, project planning, monitoring and controlling of all construction activities, and coordination capability of managing multiple package Contractors, thereby ensuring delivery of quality product within cost and schedule parameters.
Having 30+ years of rich and qualitative experience in Project Management, Planning and Execution of Construction Works- Commercial, Industrial, Pharmaceutical/Bio-pharmacy, Oil & Gas, Power Projects, Site Management and Planning.
PMP Global Credential # 2748282 – passed on 8th Feb, 2020 & Member of PMI, Bangalore chapter. Learning to use all the Project Management Tools & Techniques for successful implementation of the Projects in a Professional manner.
Adept in planning, executing and spearheading construction projects viz. – Electronics, Automobile, Ware House / Logistics, Wholesale Hypermarket, Pharmaceutical/Bio-pharmacy, Industrial, Power plant, Oil & Gas Projects, Residential – both high rise apartment & Villas, Commercial & SEZ Area, involving method engineering / method statement, development, contract administration, resource planning with a flair for adopting modern construction methodologies / techniques in compliance with quality standards with primary focus is on the needs of the project, client, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
As the Project Management Professional, I spearhead the following responsibilities in most of the projects as per Colliers, client & their requirements / scope.
· Managing multiple projects in various phases of development.
· Ensuring projects are completed within scope, schedule, and budget, to meet the client’s changing needs.
· Managing and coordinating the activities of large project teams including owners, regional and local design consultants, contractors, suppliers, vendors, operators, and other stakeholders.
· Negotiating and holding all parties accountable to their contracts.
· Coordinating and negotiating with landowners for many projects as & when required.
· Demonstrates knowledge of base building construction and coordination between base building and tenant improvement scopes of work.
· Developing, implementing and maintaining specified project management processes.
· Proactively communicating with client; maintaining project status and tracking reports.
· Detailed financial and schedule management and reporting.
· Leading project meetings; ensuring minutes are quickly distributed and properly filed.
· Establishing, maintaining and meeting project goals and criteria to satisfy client expectations.
· Leveraging value engineering to reduce project costs and timelines.
· Proactively foreseeing and documenting project risks and risk mitigation plans
· Troubleshooting and creative problem solving
· Team Management – support, empower, and lead the project team efficiently.
· Energizing, supervising, training, mentoring, goal setting and evaluating my team.
· Fostering an ethical environment of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation.
· Balancing resources and assigning work to maintain high levels of project billability.
· Maintain all other documentations for due diligence and audits of client whenever required.
I have good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to proactively communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members I have been able to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast track projects & have successfully delivered as per Stakeholders’ urgency & requirement.
Demonstrated proficiency with all applicable software packages including but not limited to MS Windows; MS Office, including MS Project, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Thorough in project management, planning, organising and technical aspects of including co-ordinating and track all Vendor procurement, tender negotiations until finalization of vendors along with client.
Worked with world Class Multi-National Companies (/MNC) companies like General Electric (GE), Metro Cash & Carry, TE Connectivity (TECIL), Shell, PETRONAS, Exxon-Mobil, SESCo, etc., and many renowned Indian clients like All Cargo, Bagmane, Fire Luxur, DLF, HAL, MRF, Indian Oil, Biocon, etc., where HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) & Quality has been a major concern/requisite along with construction management and schedule. Has been pioneer in driving HSSE for the companies worked for until now.