B.Comm (Hons), MBA
Experiential learning and steady growth have been constants throughout my 16-year professional career. A discernible portion of my experience has been in originating, negotiating and closing RE transactions in charted and uncharted backdrops, as my career has woven around both the developer and the intermediary sides of the table. Structuring and negotiating transactions to overcome underlying deal constraints and underwriting IRRs, positioning business cases to the corporate leadership amidst a multi-functional decision matrix and onboarding equity and structured debt for high-ticket land deals have awarded me a kaleidoscopic glimpse of the ebb and flow of Indian Real Estate markets.
Through the bull run pre-GFC followed by the NBFC-led recovery phase and subsequent twists and turns involving Demonetisation, RERA Act, GST Act and the ongoing Covid crisis, I have charted an impeccable track record of success in executing bespoke land acquisitions and effective fundraising mandates in the Real Estate sector with coverage across several Tier 1 markets in India. As a dedicated investment professional and a strategic thinker, my work has spanned strategizing acquisition criteria with a keen eye on changing customer sentiments, originating deal pipelines with high conversion probabilities and mitigating key risk factors through effective negotiations while driving term sheets, due diligence and definitive documents for land and capital deal closures.
Besides, building teams and processes to successfully turn around several ground-breaking landmarks dotting the skyline of today have groomed me into a passionate leader-cum-team player who believes in leading by example.
I am of the firm opinion that the key to pursuing excellence is to embrace a long-term learning process in the face of continuous change. Emphasis on practicing new skills and constantly evolving out of one’s comfort zone is key to thriving in the VUCA world we find ourselves in today.
1. Set up the Mahindra Happinest business with 3 marquee land acquisitions.
2. Coordinated a PE platform between HDFC Capital and Mahindra Lifespaces worth Rs. 500 Crores.
3. Coordinated disposition of a 5 acre land parcel in South Mumbai by Mahindra Lifespaces.
4. Helped Marvel Realtors raise Rs. 155 Crores from Piramal Capital
5. Coordinated the IPO of Godrej Properties (in-house at Godrej)
6. Coordinated the divestment of a commercial building in South Mumbai.
7. Helped coin the economic sharing terms for stakeholders in Godrej Trees, Mumbai.