Muralidharan has been an avid learner throughout his life. He learned his way from a Management Trainee in Sobha Ltd. to Executive Director at Colliers. His journey at Sobha Ltd. was enterprising with a structured growth from a site engineer to Associate VP (Projects). Projects covered during this 16 years' tenure were of various stations placed almost on three quarters' demographical parts of India comprising spaces viz. corporate workspace, hospitality, residential areas, and industrial facilities. The combined volume of space development would be approx 7.5 million sft.
Just when Sobha's growth ceiling was hovering low upon his longest tenure, Adani Realty presented an exciting proposition of independent P/L responsibility along with the apex responsibility of technology through prefab construction. Subsequently, he took up an oppurtunity to develop a contracting firm from scratch for a well-established third-generation builder with 50+ years of real estate development. The challenge as a COO of this venture was more intense for Muralidharan, primarily due to the trying times of the pandemic. After 2.5 years of constant pursuit and colluded team effort, the firm could muster 100+ staff with 10+ projects with a valuation of Rs. 600 Crores.
Muralidharan is looking forward to a significant tenure at Colliers.
- Muralidharan had been the driving force in the successful operations of the Precast Construction assignment of Sobha Ltd., with the project spanning 83 acres of land with a target built-up scope of 6.6 million sft of residential space. The factory ran to its near apex capacity with 1.2 million sft of delivery space.
- He delivered a Platinum-rated Green Building for Bayer India at NCR, Delhi.
- Successfully resolved a contractual dispute with one client who had wrongfully terminated the contract to gain a financial advantage over Sobha. He performed key documentation aspects of Dispute Resolution Mode (arbitration), by which the client reconciled off-process and settled dues to Sobha.
- He has won the successful award-winning bids of IIM-A, Zydus Cadila, and Reliance in the capacity of the business head for the construction startup at Ahmedabad. The combined project value is Rs. 1500 Million (approx).
- Schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya formed the base.
- Secondary schooling from Chennai helped exposure to academic competitiveness. Grades achieved were little shy of 90%.
- Bachelor of Engg in Civil discipline was attained with distinction from Madras University.
Memberships & Involvements
Proud to have been worked for / along the greatest brands of clients / architects team:
Infosys Technologies Ltd.
IIM - Ahmedabad
Architects Hafeez Contractor
Nikken Sekkei (jp)