The industrial & logistics sector has been performing very well in recent years. This strong performance has been driven more by structural factors and changes as opposed to economic growth alone.
- While e-commerce had always been an important driver of demand in this sector, increased attention on trade between the UK and Ireland post-Brexit meant that major retailers, logistics operators and 3PLs had been considering alternative options for fulfilling Irish orders and mitigating import costs for some time.
- On top of this, major surges in e-commerce and growth in the pharmaceutical, food and distribution sectors were effectively fast-tracked by the pandemic.
- Demand levels have remained robust, with take-up held back only by a lack of supply.
- Investor interest in this sector is also at unprecedented levels and expected to rise further.
- For full analysis on the industrial and logistics sector read our latest report.