AEON Mall Tanjung Barat is the fourth AEON Mall in Indonesia. Colliers Indonesia Project Management team was appointed as AEON’s representative to manage the end-to-end tenant’s fitting-out process before the Covid-19 pandemic.
When working on this project, there were several challenges which needed to be faced, such as:
- At the beginning of the project, the pandemic started. Due to this, the working system changed and affected the communication and approval processes;
- Tenant’s store signage did not always comply with AEON Mall’s regulations. Many tenants have their own standards which are often mandatory and cannot be changed;
- The schedule and operational opening dates targeted by tenants were delayed;
- Communications from tenants sometimes went directly to AEON Mall without going through Colliers first.
As Colliers was appointed to manage AEON Mall’s end-to-end tenant’s fitting out, it was necessary to create fitting-out guidelines and deliver to tenants for implementation. Therefore, in order to successfully address the challenges, we undertook several strategies:
- Since the working systems changed to Work-from-Home and Work-from-Office, we tried to comply with the regulations, also with AEON Mall’s HSE;
- Finding compromises with both the tenants’ design and AEON Mall’s regulations by co-ordinating with related stakeholders in order to achieve the best solution for both parties;
- Monitoring tenants’ on-site progress to achieve the expected schedule and quality, whilst also co-ordinating with all necessary stakeholders to ensure tenant compliance;
- Improving the communication flow by consolidating internally with AEON Mall, and sharing studies conducted based on comparative studies and technical approaches so that all parties could understand more clearly.
Colliers successfully managed all tenant’s fitting-out work, so that tenants opened on schedule and complied with AEON Mall’s regulations and design standards. Even after AEON Mall celebrated its Grand Opening, there are more tenants intending to open their stores, and Colliers are still being trusted to continue our services—a reflection of the client’s satisfaction.
Click here to learn more about project management, office fit-out, design and build including how you can accelerate your business success or contact our Project Management experts for a discussion.