Colliers Indonesia Facilities Management team started its services for Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. in 2020. Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. already had a very specific vision and mission, which is to have the best Facilities Management applied in a company within the SKK Migas organization.
As part of SKK Migas, which has high standards in the office facilities management, Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. aims to exceed the standards by getting its Facilities Management System Certification – ISO 41001:2018 certification.
The ISO 41001 certification is an internationally recognized company standard or guide for facility management implementation. Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. is committed to doing its best in the field of Facility Management by implementing ISO 41001 standards. With this certification, Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. demonstrates its commitment to the long-term implementation of International Standard Facility Management. The ISO certification will be its first step toward this achievement.
In order to reach the goal of being the best facility management within SKK Migas, there were several challenges our Facilities Management and Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd team faced, such as:
- Due to the pandemic, the certification and coordination process could not always be carried out directly and communication had to always be on point.
- The team’s assessment and measurement processes were limited due to visiting restrictions and regulations during PPKM.
- The site was closed a few times and there was limited visiting access.
- Since the ISO certification that Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. wanted to achieve is still relatively new, so Colliers had to ensure that all certification components can be fulfilled and carried out properly.
- Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. has a limited internal number of FM team members; therefore, all information and documents regarding the certification needs had to be aligned, especially in terms of technical matters, so that the assessment can meet its standards.
In order to conquer the goals above, our team of experts applied a few strategies to ensure that Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. succeeded. The strategies were:
- Optimize the usage of information technology for work efficiency, for both Colliers and Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd., by having consistent online meetings and collaboration, while using a cloud drive to store all the documents.
- Apply expertise to established efficient coordination with all parties involved (client, tenants, landlords, vendors, contractors, etc.)
- Carry out all audit processes virtually.
- Conduct awareness training to ensure The Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. team has a proper knowledge of ISO.
- Implement preventive maintenance and corrective management in accordance with the agreed-upon response times.
- Provide added value by involving the QHSE, Engineering, helpdesk, and sustainability teams under the supervision of the portfolio manager.
- Apply expertise in conducting initial assessments by providing consultancy for best practice implementation and development of facility management systems, and help to prepare for the ISO certification by participating in internal audits.
- Conduct gap analyses and develop a program for the internal team to close the existing gaps in order to meet the standard requirements as defined by the assessor in the audit process, namely BSI.
In line with our value of ‘Be Experts’, Colliers provided a strong team to run the daily operation of facilities management to successfully assist Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. in obtaining its ISO certification. Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. was awarded the ISO 41001:2018 on June 23rd, 2022.
Aside from that, with Colliers assistance, Kangean Energy Indonesia Ltd. was also successfully initiated as the Best Facilities Management within SKK Migas in 2021.
Watch our client testimonial below:
Click here to learn more about Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) application and to know how you can accelerate your business success or contact our Facilties Management experts for a discussion.