The total transaction volume of commercial real estate was around €700 million in 2021, representing a 40% increase year-on-year.
From the entire investment activity on the Croatian market, we can outline that:
- Foreign capital accounted for 75% of transaction volume
- Domestic institutional investors entry into CRE is a sign of the market becoming more mature
- Core and core+ properties were most sought after, while value-add properties took a substantial share in 2021 volume
- Resilience and quick recovery of Croatian tourism was reflected in high demand for hotels
- Yield compression continued in 2021
- Rising construction costs will delay development of new supply and product
Download the Investment Market Overview to find out trends, activities and dynamics in all commercial real estate sectors in Croatia.