For most businesses, commercial property is not a core competency. However, it is complicated, it is expensive and it is business critical.
Colliers International works with corporate real estate teams and finance directors to help them align their real estate to their business plan. By identifying cost savings and maximising efficiency we help deliver increased profit and enhance shareholder value.
- Data Management; lease reading, database management, online 24/7 data portal, bespoke online reporting
- Workplace Issues; space planning, move management, relocation, churn
- Portfolio Management; Day-to-day issues, Treasury, Tenant management, Licenses and consents, Annual budgets, Service charge audits
- Rent; Rent reviews, Lease renewals, Surrenders and re-gears
- Facilities Management;Procurement of services, Managing and paying suppliers, Service charge budgets, Compliance (health & safety etc.)
- Rates & Taxation; Rating appeals, Temporary reliefs, Checking bills, Historic audit /recovery, Capital allowances
- Repair & Maintenance; Planned maintenance, Contract administration, Building surveys, Dilapidations
- Transaction Management; Acquisitions/disposals, Freehold/leasehold, Offices/industrial/logistics, High Street/Out-of-Town Retail, Specialist sectors
- Project Management; Consultant appointments, Service coordination, Budgets & cashflow management, Landlord approvals, Commissioning systems, Fit out, IT, furniture
- Strategic Advice; Location/cluster analysis, Portfolio optimisation, Surplus property solutions, Aligning portfolio strategy, Valuation, Planning & development consultancy
- Environment; Energy Performance Certificates, Carbon Reduction Commitment
- Research; UK/International market reports, Bespoke assignments
“How can we reduce costs, by how much and how quickly?”. Nowadays this is the most common question being put to corporate real estate managers.
Here are some thought starters...
- Almost 25% of our rent review team's work now involves lease re-gears as we trade in revised lease terms for rent free periods
- Since 2005 our business rates team have saved over £15 million per annum for clients
- We increasingly use S18(1) to reduce landlord's dilapidations claims – did you know that all claims are limited by this?
- We recently recovered almost £0.5 million in uncharged service charge from sub-tenants of a major retailer's UK estate
- There is increased demand for our planning services as occupiers seek to widen the permitted use on vacant property to attract tenants
- Can you recover 100% VAT? If not, have you asked your landlord to waive their VAT election?
- Are you making full use of capital allowances on plant & machinery?
- Is buying and continuously updating your own property management software the best solution?
- Do you have access to data in a format that assists the decision making process?