We help real estate investors, owners and occupiers realise the benefits of developing and implementing sustainability strategies:
Compliance with current and future legislation
More productive work environments
Protected and enhanced corporate reputation
In the face of increasingly onerous legislation, volatile energy markets, technology disruption and stakeholder pressure to address environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, companies with an appropriate sustainability strategy for their budget and goals can enhance competitive advantage by driving asset and resource performance.
Leveraging our existing core real estate services, products and expertise across different sectors, our ‘Managed Programme’ effectively future-proofs your portfolio. Our wide range of services is delivered through our in-house sustainability advisory capability in conjunction with a suite of ‘best in class’ technical partners. This allows us to offer tailored solutions to meet your specific requirements.
What we do
- Support with nonfinancial reporting schemes (including GRESB, CDP, UNPRI)
- Independent verification of energy & carbon statements
- Stakeholder engagement programmes
- Sustainability and Responsible Property Investment strategy frameworks
- Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) target setting and tracking
- Energy procurement and tariff reviews
- U-save, our forensic analysis & recovery of utility overpaymetns
- Benchmarketing of ESG performance
- Cost saving / comfort improvement project identification & management
- Renewable energy assessments & implementation
- Building certification including BREEAM, LEED and SKA
- Programmes for healthy workplaces and (WELL, Fitwel) certification support
- Metering & data management systems
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES) and Section 63 (S63) risk mitigation strategies
- Compliance management of mandatory and voluntary energy & carbon schemes (including CRC, ESOS/EED, GHG)
- Consultancy on green leases and green supply chains
Head of Sustainability
London - West End
Andres joined Colliers International in September 2016 as an Associate Director. With over a decade of industry experience across different sectors he leads the Colliers sustainability strategy in the UK & Ireland which focuses on improving ESG performance and managing associated risk at asset and portfolio level for a range of occupier and investor clients. Andres is responsible for guiding the integration of sustainability into core service lines and provides strategic advice on net zero strategies, climate risk, carbon compliance (MEES, ESOS, SECR), non-financial reporting (GRESB, UNPRI, TCFD) , wellbeing and the impact that these trends have on service delivery.
Prior to working at Colliers, Andres worked in the Energy & Sustainability team at Cushman & Wakefield EMEA where he focused on developing and implementing comprehensive Responsible Property Investment (RPI) strategies for key fund management clients and embedding sustainable practices in property management. Andres sat and chaired various RPI committees helping set and achieve ESG targets across the EMEA region. Prior to this, Andres worked in Upstream Sustainability Services at JLL developing and overseeing carbon reporting and compliance services supporting more than 30 major landlords and boosting his team’s productivity.
Andres is a regular presenter on sustainability topics and represents Colliers on various industry groups.