Creating Vibrant, Viable Destinations
Collier's Destination Consultants are one of the UK's leading hospitality and tourism advisors who help breathe life into projects by delivering high quality strategies, deep-market insights and feasibility studies to create world-class visitor destinations. Our unrivalled knowledge, expertise and support from global specialists allow us to cover a wide range of project types across the UK and Europe.
Helping you create sustainable attraction experiences via robust market and financial testing.
- We work with the owners, developers, operators and investors of visitor attractions, entertainment venues, museums, theme parks, water parks, zoos/aquaria and other showcase facilities.
- Key clients: Chester Zoo, Battersea Power Station, Aston Martin, National Trust, Science Museum Group, V&A, BFI, Therme Spa Resorts, Qatar Zoo, Misk Art Institute, Malta Natural History Museum.
Market leaders in surf park development advisory with over 15 client projects worldwide.
- Our team can help you with all aspects of early stage planning from site selection, concept development, technology and market, and financial potential.
- We provide independent, confidential, objective advice with real project experience across a range of surf technology suppliers including Wavegarden, Surf Loch and Kelly Slater Wave Co.
- Advice extends across all active entertainment uses like cycling, mountain biking, snowsports, climbing, high ropes / aerial adventures and adventure play.
- Key clients: Surf Snowdonia, The Wave, Wavegarden Scotland, La Vague Grand Paris, Surf Landgraaf, Surfworks, USA, Costa Edutainment, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Sheffield Outdoor City, Cyclopark, HDOne Snow Sports Centre.
The team can help you plan for, and deliver, new build developments, redevelopments, capital projects and venue repositioning for all major venue types.
- The Colliers offer covers all feasibility planning, valuation and lease advisory for stadia, arena, conference and exhibition centres, multi-use venues and theatres.
- Our associate network includes the market leaders in venue operations, design and cost advisory.
- We understand the market opportunities across conferencing, exhibitions entertainment, sport and hospitality.
- Key clients: Leicester City FC, Bristol Sport, St Georges Park, HD1 Huddersfield, Dreamland Margate, Alexandra Palace, Gracepoint London, Brighton Hippodrome, Chester Storeyhouse.
We have an extensive track record across cultural venues and creative re-use of heritage assets.
- The roots of the team are founded in advising the cultural and non-commercial sectors across museums, galleries, performance venues and parks. Core work focuses on creating robust business cases for capital projects and securing investment.
- A specialist subject is helping find new futures for heritage sites and listed buildings. Many investments, large and small, have been made as a result of our work.
- Services cover Research and Policy; Business Cases; Options Analysis, Enabling Development; Expert Witness; Sourcing Development Partners & Funding Applications.
- Key client types: Local Authorities, City Councils, Conservation Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Land Owners, Developers.
- Key Clients: Historic England, English Heritage, National Lottery Heritage Fund, National Trust, Canal & River Trust
Developing a destination is about attracting people to spend time and money. We focus on the right mix to create a masterplan that is more than the sum of the parts.
- Understanding the market through analysis and business planning is vital to evolving the masterplan mix to create appealing destinations with attractive investment propositions.
- Our projects range from site development to attract new markets; to bringing vibrancy to urban regeneration; to guiding visitor/leisure focused property masterplans and resorts.
- We provide market analysis, recommendations of concepts and size of components, strategy, financial feasibility and development appraisal.
- Key clients: Leicester City Football Club, Margate Estates, Eden Westwood, La Vague Grand Paris, King Abdullah Economic City, Georgia Co-Investment Fund, Pontos Group.
How We Can Help
Our work helps you make good decisions.
Study for public sector stakeholder group to appraise the optimal forms for a theatre and convention centre in Chester.
Core questions included optimum sites, co-location of uses and viability.
After assessing the market and modelling the size and form, we presented several options to client group. The selected option has been delivered and is now a major success.
Feasibility & Business Planning
Our long-term contributions have aided The Wave throughout the project’s evolution from early stage feasibility to business plan refinement through to delivery.
Our work focused on assessing the market potential, visitor forecasting, developing initial financial projections and due diligence review to support raising investment.
Lead Commercial Consultant
Lead business plan adviser to one of the worlds most ambitious visitor developments.
800 ha site including proposed water park, adventure park, underwater observatory and animal experience.
Advisory on the most appropriate concepts, range and scale of attractors, visitor forecasting, feasibility studies, potential operations and overall business plan to evolve the masterplan and maximise the investable proposition.
I specialise in creating successful destinations by giving strategic advice to owners, developers, investors and operators of any place whose core business is visitors.
I work for private and public sector clients in the UK and internationally, advising on regions, cities, mixed use developments, visitor attractions and museums, leisure and entertainment, heritage and culture, parks and public realm.
The principles of long term, sustainable viability are the core of our approach through market analysis and research, concept and product development, feasibility studies, options appraisals, business planning, marketing and branding, finance, funding and governance/management advice.
London - West End
Jessica is a Director who specialises in destination development for hospitality and mixed-use projects.
She is an experienced consultant and project manager who brings a holistic and strategic perspective to developing concepts and business plans for new sites. Her work involves identifying concept, positioning and destination strategy informed by market research; taking projects through financial feasibility appraisal; resolving strategic issues and working with master planners and wider development teams; to presenting projects to attract investment.
Jessica has a particular strength in understanding client and project requirements and in integrating the skills of Colliers specialist teams, local offices and external advisors and master planners to deliver to the needs of clients.
Her experience includes projects from 0.5 to over 800 hectares with elements including hotels, event venues, visitor attractions, residential, branded residences, office, retail, spa, wellness, golf, marina, leisure, entertainment and public realm. Projects stretch from resorts to urban brownfield sites.
Jessica has worked on projects throughout the UK and from the Caribbean, through Africa, the Western Mediterranean and Northern Europe to the Eastern Mediterranean and Eastern Europe.
Jessica has a degree from Cambridge University and a Masters in International Tourism Policy and is very widely travelled. She has been working in tourism, resort and mixed-use development for nearly 20 years. She works within the Destination Consulting and Hotels & Resorts Consulting teams in London.
Adam has been working on business plans and feasibility studies for visitor attractions since 2018. He comes from a broad international background in hospitality, both in operational and consulting roles.
Adam has been engaged with public and private sector clients providing strategic advice, analysing options for optimal uses, appraising market potential and forecasting financial performance. He is especially proficient in surf parks, wellbeing resorts and heritage buildings.
With our head office in the UK, we team up with our Colliers colleagues around the world to help clients throughout the development journey.
We work with a network of Principle Associates bringing best-in-class specialist skills in:
Attraction, Leisure & Venue Operations
Economics & HM Treasury Business Cases (Five Case Model / Green Book)
Town Planning & Regeneration
Heritage Assets & Listed Buildings
Urban Design, Architecture & Engineering
Capital Cost Estimates & Management
Visitor Experience Design & Interpretation