In 2020, the exceptional trading levels for UK supermarkets generated by the pandemic were reflected in the transactional volumes and popularity of grocery-backed property assets.
It was also a year when the operators had to fully engage with online selling as millions of people switched to home delivery.
In this report, we’ll look at the macro trends shaping the sector and analyse what that has meant for its property market.
- Did the pandemic help major grocery chains to profitably embrace online shopping?
- Return of the weekly big shop?
- Value-focus could return following vaccine roll-out
- Investment market: Transactional revenues in the UK grocery real estate sector; net initial yields for prime assets
- Occupier market: Online fulfilment upgrades to profitability possibility; discount operators; analysis of Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Waitrose, M&S
Download Executive Summary of this report