By Colliers' UK Chief Economist, and Head of Research and Forecasting, Dr Walter Boettcher.
“I originally began this piece at the beginning of the second half (H2 2020) with the aim of publishing it in early September, as a metric intensive rallying cry so as to do my small part in building UK market momentum. Since then, events have moved so rapidly and the data so profoundly that I found myself revising the original draft endlessly. So I decided not to publish, but rather to distribute to Colliers’ clients as an investment market thought piece. Consider it a pilot for a series.
In addition to providing the full report, I have also broken it down into subsections (see links below) that will be hosted live on our website to enable you to identify which parts of the report are most relevant to you. I intend to update the various subsections whenever significant changes occur, especially to the data, so you will always be able to access live up to the minute results. The plot? I think my focus ends up on sterling and its likely path in the wake of Brexit and Covid, both of which, foolishly or otherwise, I assume to be transient...”
- UK Commercial Property Investment 2020 - The First Half
- UK Commercial Property Investment 2020 - The Second Half
- Is the recovery "V" shaped? Depends on what "V" you look for...
- Public finances are sustainable despite a spike in spending and net indebtedness
- Financial markets, remain stable so far...
- Sterling appreciation - Opportunity for cross-border investors