The workplace represents a meeting place for many people with different needs and behaviors. As the way to conduct business keeps on evolving with changing business needs, there is an imminent need to optimize real estate assets, improve productivity and address changing market conditions. The workplace is also an ecosystem involving exchange of ideas, wherein clients convey their vision and goals for the business, and the organisation work together to find novel ways to use real estate and achieve business needs and desires.
Over the past years, there have been conversations revolving around the need to address the changing workplace with the emergence of new technologies, employee work-life balance, increasing sustainability and reducing costs. The businesses are looking for ways to understand, anticipate and plan for these shifts in workplace. Additionally, real estate industry that only involved acquiring and managing buildings has now become a tactical lever for revolution, thus enabling organisations to achieve broader business plans.
The forces that can help to meet diverse and evolving needs of today and tomorrow’s workforce include:
- Human experience - Enhance user experience through engagement, empowerment and fulfillment
- Continuous innovation - Combine new thinking, solutions and processes to drive value creation and accelerate transformation
- Digital drive - Harness digitisation and data to enhance people and enterprise performance
- Operational excellence - Optimise enterprise resources and service delivery to increase productivity, mitigate risks, and ensure high performance
- Financial Performance - Manage spending to enable growth and enhance return on investment (ROI).
These five elements are a great start, but how the businesses implement these concepts into practice is of utmost importance. With full suite of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, Colliers International has an aerial view of how businesses can create productive workplace and optimised environment.