- Employees occasionally work on different teams or at different locations; enterprise provides limited IoT infrastructure to support occasional virtual teams
- Core business functions spread across multiple hubs that scale according to business needs
- Hubs employ BYOD and IoT technologies to enhance the working environment, and enable employees to work freely across teams and locations
- No central location exists; employees log in independently from various IoT-optimised flexible workspaces or their homes
- Employees form teams dynamically in response to business demands, using online platforms and collaboration tools to communicate, cooperate and achieve goal
Despite the obvious benefits of IoW models, IoT by definition comes with a compromise on data security and companies’ increasing reliance on connected technologies creates heightened security risks, making data protection a significant challenge. A recent study showed, with more enterprises adopting BYOD policies, one in three CIOs in Hong Kong see their own employees as the organisation’s biggest security vulnerability.
Impact for Occupiers & Landlords
- Adopting cloud computing solutions help to reduce in-house infrastructure and real estate footprint resulting in lower capital and operational expenditure
- Adopting BYOD policy and encouraging employees to work remotely reduces dedicated space allocation and enhances space efficiency
- Positive impact on employee well-being and productivity with adoption of IoT
- Adoption of IoW technologies makes offices more agile and enables cross-team collaboration
- Develop more flexible lease structures and spaces to accommodate changes in occupier demands
- Ensure buildings and office spaces are designed in a way to respond to rapid changes in occupier headcount
- Consider alliances with flexible workspace operators to enhance the flexibility of their property portfolio
- Evaluate whether the technical infrastructure of properties is sufficient to support IoW models
To download the full report, visit here
About Colliers International Group Inc.
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CIGI; TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading real estate services company with a global brand operating in 69 countries and a workforce of more than 13,000 skilled professionals serving clients in the world’s most important markets. Colliers is the fastest-growing publicly listed global real estate services company, with 2017 corporate revenues of $2.3 billion ($2.7 billion including affiliates). With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership and control, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Colliers professionals think differently, share great ideas and offer thoughtful and innovative advice that help clients accelerate their success. Colliers has been ranked among the top 100 global outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals for 13 consecutive years, more than any other real estate services firm. Colliers has also been ranked the number one property manager in the world by Commercial Property Executive for two years in a row.
For the latest news from Colliers India, visit http://www.colliers.com/en-gb/india. To follow us on twitter, simply click on this twitter handle @Colliersintlind and to follow us on LinkedIn, simply click here.
For further information, please contact:
Marketing & Communications | Colliers International India
Phone: +91 9811867682 | 8826377335