Director of Valuation and Advisory Services
Valuation and Advisory Services
License # MRICS 1118348
Simon has 19 years experience in Valuation, Professional Services and Agency in the property Industry. He is Joint Head of the Birmingham Valuation Department. Since joining Colliers International in 2002 Simon has specialised in commercial and residential valuation and development consultancy work. Simon has a passionate commitment in providing clients with exceptional service.
He is involved in serving major private and public sector clients including investors, developers, banks and corporate occupiers and undertakes the valuation of a wide variety of UK based property. In particular Simon provides advice for loan security and balance sheet purposes.
- Portfolio valuation of the operational estate of 400 convenience, supermarket, distribution and retail assets at a value of circa £320 million for accounting and secured lending purposes.
- Valuation of the Brindleyplace office development in Birmingham at a value of circa £265 million for secured lending purposes.
- Valuation for secured lending of a 100 unit portfolio of trade counter units throughout the UK and Northern Ireland at a value of circa £50 million.
- Annual valuation of approximately 250 properties for financial statements purposes in the Midlands/East Anglia for Nationwide and Yorkshire Building Societies.
- Residential Portfolio - £25 million valuation of a Midlands mutli unit residential portfolio for secured lending purposes.
- Loan Security Valuation - for banks including: Lloyds Banking Group, Natwest, HSBC, Aldermore, Santander, Nationwide, Al Rayan Bank, Coutts, Investec and Handelsbanken amongst others.
MRICS, BSc (Hons)
Memberships & Involvements
Investment Property Forum
Lloyds Bank, Barclays Bank, HSBC Bank, Barberry, Nationwide Building Society, Santander, Handelsbanken, Yorkshire Bank, Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Building Society, Norwich ＆ Peterborough Building Society, Aldermore Bank, Co-op Bank, Natwest Bank Plc, RBS, Al Rayan Bank Plc, Central England Cooperative
Barclays Bank PLC
"Simon - Just to let you know that we completed on the DCS Europe job yesterday and wanted to thank you again for your efficient turnaround and help with this. Your service was top notch. We will definitely look to use your services again!"
Ryon Properties Ltd
"Practical and down to earth with a commercial approach to valuation."
Santander UK PLC
"Good response times. Simon delivered the reports and went through them with us face to face, we find this is a useful exercise and assists with building a report with our professional team."
Nationwide Building Society
"Colliers International has been retained to undertake the annual freehold and long leasehold accounts valuation on behalf of Nationwide Building Society for in excess of ten years now. The Valuation and Advisory team provides well researched, market led valuations within required timescales and in a 'user friendly' format. They also identify wherever possible, value added opportunities. Simon's ethos is based around 'service excellence' which has been delivered in a consistent manner over the years."