Head of Project Management
Occupier Services EMEA
An experienced Real Estate and Construction professional who has worked for over twenty years providing advice across the life cycle of commercial properties for a number of large multi-national corporate clients. These include Centrica, Whitbread, Shell, Microsoft, GSK, PeopleSoft, and Nokia Networks.
A technical background coupled with management expertise, key areas of success include: Design management, project management, risk and value management, programme management, PMO, stakeholder and change management.
Project Account Lead for Centrica
- Project managed new exec office in Mayfair, liasing with CEO and Chairman
- Led the team delivering a large scale refurbishmne of Centrica's HQ in Staines
- Project managed the traders' new office in Park House, Oxford Circus
Programme Manager for Shell Real Estate’s Transaction & Projects team, responsible for the EMEA portfolio (seconded role):
- Drive implementation and adherence to Shell’s standards (PM, Design, Health & Safety, Environmental)
- Focus on continuous improvement,
- Work with Shell PMs on planning new projects and transactions including resources, systems,
Project Director for the fit out of Shell’s new offices in Canary Wharf, London (2010 - 2012):
- 17,000 sqm of office space, 10 floors, including business centre, gym, and restaurant,
- Implementation of emerging workplace standards, and contribution to client’s updates of same standards,
- My role as Project Manager focused on design management, risk and value management,
- Our client had high expectations on Health, Safety and Environmental aspects of the project, and my approach had to adapt to this scenario; as a consequence, I have become considerably more proactive and display stronger leadership attributes in these crucial areas.
Project Manager for the construction and fit-out of Microsoft’s New UK Headquarters Building in Reading (2005-2008):
- 9000 sqm of office space, 2 staff restaurants and a gym,
- BCO Regional Prize for Best Fit Out of Workplace,
- My role as Project Manager commenced in April 2005 and I was involved right from the beginning in obtaining master budget approval, through the enabling site clearance works, the new build programme, and finally the subsequent fit-out of the building. I had particular responsibilities for Design Team management, Contract Administration.The project was completed within the original master budget and ahead of the original programme.
Venture & Integration (VI) Manager for Microsoft EMEA Corporate Real Estate (2008-2009)
2014-University of Reading/CEM-PostGrad Dip Project Management
1992-University Of Salford-BSc(Hons) Building Surveying
Memberships & Involvements
1993 MRICS -I achieved Chartered Surveyor status
I am currently a member of the British Council of Offices, RICS, and CoreNet.