B.Sc (Hons), MRICS
Peter graduated from Nottingham Trent University in 2012 with a degree in Real Estate, in which he was on placement with Savills during his third year of study. In the same year Peter joined the Colliers International Birmingham Office, working full time with the Corporate Restructuring department. He qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 2015 and was promoted to Senior Surveyor in 2017. For the first 6 months of 2017 Peter was on secondment with Lloyds Banking Group giving strategic property advice.
- Graduated from Nottingham Trent University in 2012 with a degree in Real Estate
- Placement year with Savills
- Qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 2015
- Promoted to Senior Surveyor in 2017
- 6 month secondment with Lloyds Banking Group during 2017
- Managing a portfolio of distressed property assets for various Banks, Administrators and Liquidators, nationally whilst in the Corporate Restructuring team
- Assisting with portfolio strategic valuations
BSc (HONS) Real Estate at Nottingham Trent University
Memberships & Involvements
(Graduate), Fynn Valley Golf Club
- Lloyds Banking Group
- The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Bank of Ireland
- Pepper Group
Head of Advisory & Restructuring
I am a Director and Head of the Advisory & Restructuring team at Colliers International, which provides real estate restructuring, turnaround and insolvency services to lenders, investors, business management teams and practitioners across all UK property sectors.
We specialise in providing effective, practical solutions to complex situations – integrating real estate valuation, strategy and disposal services with in-depth market knowledge to help key stakeholders assess value, identify opportunities, mitigate risk and release capital.
By working closely with the wider Colliers platform and local sector experts across core and alternative markets, we quickly adapt to and evaluate a wide range of property sectors and locations throughout the UK – including residential, retail, licensed & leisure, hotels, healthcare, automotive, office and industrial.
We are passionate about providing effective advisory and restructuring services to businesses, their lenders and investors – combining our restructuring experience with full-service real estate expertise to ensure that every project is delivered in a dynamic, tailored way to achieve consistent and efficient results.
My role includes:
- advising lenders and investors on non-performing loans and facility covenant breaches – acting consensually or via appointment as LPA / Fixed Charge Receiver;
- working with business and asset managers to help evaluate and reorganise real estate portfolios – including occupied estates, trading assets and investments; and
- acting for financial consultants and Insolvency Practitioners to assist with corporate restructuring and insolvency – helping to assess value, mitigate risk and maximise returns.
I am a Chartered Surveyor, RICS Registered Valuer, APC Assessor and LPA / Fixed Charge Receiver.
Having worked throughout the real estate cycle since 2007, I have a breadth and depth of experience in property valuation, lease advisory and restructuring. Prior to this, I studied Real Estate Management and International Banking & Finance at Nottingham Trent University and Nottingham Business School. I also have experience in sales and running a small business.
Outside of work, I enjoy keeping fit, spending time with family & friends and supporting local small & independent businesses, particularly in the food and leisure sectors.
I work as an Administrator for the Advisory & Restructuring department in Birmingham. My role primarily consists of closing down live cases, i.e finalising invoices, producing Final Outcome Statements, Resignation Letters, distributing completion funds and completing all necessary VAT and Companies House documents.
My main, current role is to oversee the department's Client Accounts, monitoring the account balances, receipts & payments and transfering funds before Job closure. I am responsible for our department's rechargable costs, making sure these are uptodate and accurate on our JM schedule.
I also assist with filing, archiving and any other admin work.