B.Sc (Hons), MRICS
Head of Valuation - City Office
Martyn is the Head of Valuations for the City Office, covering City Core, Midtown, Docklands, Southbank, Shoreditch, Clerkenwell and Aldgate markets.
Martyn provides valuation advice for a variety of purposes including Secured lending, valuations for Accounts and Financial Statements, acquisition and disposal.
He has over 15 years valuation experience and has a detailed knowledge and understanding of the central London markets.
Martyn joined Colliers in February 2018 from CBRE, where he spent 8 years within the Central London Valuation & Advisory team. Whilst at CBRE he advised on some of the best buildings within the City to include 30 St Mary Axe, EC3; 20 Fenchurch Street, EC3; 10 Upper Bank Street, E14 and 1 & 5 Bank Street, E14.
The team value a high proportion of transaction volumns each year for either loan security or acqusition purposes.
The team has completed a number of recent high profile instructions to include:
- Alder Castle, EC2 - Valuation for Acqusition purposes in 2019, and was purchased by a Confidential US Investor for circa £100m;
- 8 Salisbury Square, EC4 - Purchase Report in 2019, for a Hong King based investor for circa £222m;
- 28-30 Cornhill, EC3 - Secured lending valuation in 2019 which was purchased by a private chinese investor for circa £32m;
- Nexus Place, 25 Farringdon Street - Secured lending valuation in 2019; following Brookfield acquistion;
- Tower Place, EC3 - Valuation for secured lending purposes in 2019 and 2021
- 20 Old Bailey, EC4 - Valuation for Acquisition purposes in 2018, and was purchased by Mirae for circa £341m;
- 5 Broadgate, EC2 - Valuation for Acquisition purposes in 2018, which was purchased for £1bn;
- Winchester House, 1 Great Winchester Street, EC2 - Valuation for secured lending purposes in 2018 through to 2020;
- Cannon Bridge House - Valuation for secured lending purposes in 2018-2020, following its acquisition for circa £248m.
- 20 Ropemaker, EC2 - Valuation for secured lending purposes in 2018 and comprising a 450,000 sq ft development site
The team has also valuated a number of 'one off' assets for accounting/financial statement purposes within the City to include:
- 20 Moorgate, EC2;
- 33 Old Broad Street, EC2;
- 65 Fleet Street, EC4;
- 40 Gracechurch Street, EC3;
- Pinners Hall, 100 Old Broad Street, EC2
- Thomas More Square, London, E1
2002 - Oxford Brookes University - BSc (Hons) 2:1
Memberships & Involvements
Member of the RICS
London - City
I am a Surveyor in the City Office Valuation Department, covering the City Core, Midtown, Docklands, Southbank, Shoreditch, Clerkenwell and Aldgate markets
I have provided valuation advice for a variety of purposes including Secured Lending, Valuations for Accounts and Financial Statements, Acquisition and Disposals.
I have previously had experience within the Retail Lease Advisory Department as well as the National Valuation Department and am working towards completing my APC in November 2018.
Since joining the City Valuation & Advisory Team I have assisted with valuing a high proportion of transactions amounting to circa £1.6bn during H1 2018.
London - West End
I am a Graduate Surveyor in the Valuation and Advisory team based in London City. I have experience providing valuation advice for Secured Lending, Accounts valuations and for Purchase or Sale, mainly covering City of London, the City Fringe and Midtown.
At present, I am working towards my APC qualification in Autumn 2021.
I have previous experience working with Lease Advisory negotiating lease renewals and rent reviews on behalf of tenants and landlords within the Retail sector.