B.Sc (Hons), MRICS
Head of Retail Development and Advisory
Greg is a retail property and development specialist with nearly 30 years’ experience, who advises clients across the UK on all aspects of retail agency, development and investment. He provides advice on food stores, shopping centres, out of town and all other forms of retail and mixed use development. His expertise includes master planning, scheme design, development appraisals, compulsory purchase, leasing, development agreements and the sale and funding of projects. Greg is a particular expert in food store development. He is retained by Sainsbury's to advise them on their supermarket properties across the north of England and also advises ALDI's Corporate Property team. Greg has a strong track record in advising both private and public sector clients on the development of new shopping centres, retail parks and mixed use developments.
- Colliers’ Client Director for Sainsbury's, ALDI and St Modwen.
- In the last decade, he has advised Sainsbury's on the acquisition, extension or replacement of over 30 supermarkets.
- Greg has advised public sector clients on major projects in towns such as Barnsley, Wakefield, Harrogate and Mansfield.
- He advised St Modwen on the investment purchase of Billingham and Kirkby town centres and Bolton Council on the purchase of Crompton Place Shopping Centre.
- He is leading retail park developments in various locations across the UK including Kirkby for St Modwen and Houghton-le-Spring for Urban and Civic.
Greg graduated from Reading University in 1991 with a First Class BSc (Hons) in Land Management. He qualified as MRICS in 1993 whilst at Healey and Baker, where he was made Partner.
He is now one of Colliers International's most experienced retail property professionals and heads the Retail Development Department.
Memberships & Involvements
- REVO (formerly British Council of Shopping Centres)
- Accessible Retail
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- St Modwen
- Urban and Civic
- Bolton Council
"Over the last five years, the Retail team at Colliers International has been a vital component in Sainsbury’s drive to expand our food store representation. As our retained agents and property advisors on supermarkets in the North of England, they have been pivotal in delivering a strong pipeline of new space, including Heaton Park in Manchester which is our largest “at grade” store. Their expertise, professionalism and commitment is second to none and Sainsbury’s value the support that they provide to our property activities very highly."
Chris Templeman - Head of Property Development