Chief Executive Officer | EMEA
As Chief Executive Officer for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Chris is responsible for the growth and strategic direction of the business in the region. Bringing a depth of experience in building and growing businesses in mature and emerging markets, Chris has played an integral role in growing Colliers International into its current position as a top three global commercial real estate services provider.
Passionate about providing our clients with the highest level of service, Chris is committed to ensuring a seamless service experience across our complete range of services offered in the 43 countries in which we operate in the region.
In addition to his role as CEO in the EMEA, Chris is also a member of the global senior executive team that sets the vision and strategy for Colliers International.
Chris’ real estate career began in 1987 when he joined Colliers International as an office leasing advisor in Toronto. One of the most active top producers in Canada, he received awards for completing the most transactions in a single year in 1991, 1992 and 1993.
In 1994, Chris relocated to Mexico City to build the Latin America business. In his five years there, he was lead principal on four major acquisitions in Mexico, Brazil, Peru and Columbia. In 1998, he was appointed CEO for the region.
In 1999, Chris moved to Miami, home to over 500 Latin American headquarters, to set up the regional corporate solutions team.
Chris returned to Toronto in 2002 and expanded his responsibility as CEO of EMEA, focusing on the growth of the emerging European markets and leading acquisitions in six countries in Southeast Europe, the UK, Ireland, Spain and the Netherlands. In 2008, he moved to London where he set up the EMEA headquarters.
In 2012, Chris served as lead principal in the acquisition of the Colliers German affiliate, bringing five cities and 230 professionals into the fold.
In 2014, he was lead principal in the acquisition of the AOS Group, the premier occupier-focused business in Europe, in a deal that added to the company 430 professionals across 10 countries in multiple service lines.
Throughout his career, Chris has delivered exceptional service, fulfilling the real estate needs of major corporations such as Nortel Networks, Federal Express, Oracle Corporation, Cisco Systems, Compaq, Dun & Bradstreet, Ford Motor Land, Microsoft, Regus Business Centers and Silicon Graphics.
- Facilitated the unification of Colliers International under a single name and brand.
- Implemented regional services including corporate solutions into the EMEA and Latin America regions, growing the Latin America corporate solutions business by 650% over eight years.
- Expanded Colliers International services into Central and Eastern Europe, growing the business by 2300% over six years.
- Initiated the company’s growth into Latin America, growing the revenue 2600% between 1996 and 2007.
- Acted as the lead principal on 20+ acquisitions throughout the Americas and Europe.
- Transformed the Colliers EMEA Region from a network of affiliates into a unified, corporate-owned business unit.
Bachelor Degree in Economics from Queen’s University, Canada
Memberships & Involvements
Young Presidents Organization
Canadian Government, GE Capital, UBS, Caffe Nero