Head of Build To Rent
Residential - BTR
As Head of Build to Rent at Colliers, Andrew leads a successful team in helping developer and investor clients to capitalise on BTR's anticipated, post pandemic, rapid growth.
Andrew is an accomplished leader in the UK's living sector with a strong 30 year performance track record, including Build to Rent. This has been achieved by combining:
• An exceptional knowledge of residential investment and asset management.
• Substantial strategic and political policy influencing capabilities.
• Strong leadership and third party management skills. A great team player.
• Significant business and board level experience.
• Excellent communication skills. A highly competent and persuasive speaker and presenter.
• An extensive and carefully curated senior level network.
• A keen eye for design, what generates return and what doesn’t.
• A determination to work for organisations/clients producing a positive social impact.
Appointed by Housing Minister Mark Prisk MP and Head of Civil Service/DCLG, Lord Bob Kerslake, to lead a team of residential specialists to stimulate what has become known as the build to rent sector. This highly successful PRS Taskforce helped develop build to rent into a rapidly growing asset class which showed institutional investment volumes of £14bn between 2015 and 2020 (Source CBRE).
Appointed as a Non Executive Director at Orbit Group to help Orbit achieve excellent standards of governance, to ensure that the objectives of the Group were achieved, including the construction of 12,000 homes over a 7 year period.
Have chaired BPF's Build To Rent Committee since 2015.
Sheffield Hallam University
BSc (Hons) 2:1
Urban Land Economics
1987 – 1991
CFA Investment Management Certificate 2017
Memberships & Involvements
Residential - BTR
London - West End
Erica joined Colliers in 2018 and has a national remit as a specialist advisor for Build-to-Rent (multifamily and PRS) developments. She is focussed on design consultancy, funding transactions and exit options analysis.
Prior to joining Colliers, Erica advised UHNWIs and family offices in London. During this time, she was involved in deal originations and also actively managed a value-add portfolio of prime residential assets across London (zones 1-2).