Associate Building Surveyor
Project & Building Consultancy
Alan joined Colliers International in June 2019 as a Chartered Senior Surveyor and has over 8 years’ experience as a Building Surveyor.
Since joining Colliers, he has led on the delivery of several projects including occupier office fit-out works for international organisations, dilapidations refurbishments and a £4 million industrial development.
He has diverse and extensive experience of professional surveying disciplines including:
- Contract Administration;
- Technical Due Diligence including: Pre-Acquisition and Vendor's surveys;
- Planned Preventative Maintenance surveys;
- Dilapidations advice/surveys;
- Schedules of Condition;
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments; and
- Licence to Alter.
Alan's accomplishments include:
- Successfully led a team of consultants to deliver an occupier refurbishment of a 35,000 sq ft office for an international data analysis company, with a project value of £1.4 million.
- Inspected and advised on a number of high profile due diligence surveys including industrial and commercial units, office towers and residential tower blocks.
- Completed various dilapidations work acting on behalf of landlords and tenants, and negotiated settlements of claims up to £500,000.
- Completed numerous planned preventative maintenance surveys for range of commercial premises, and assisted clients with advising on planned expenditure.
- Completed various RCA’s, including a 125,000 sqft retail park in Liverpool.
- Liverpool John Moores University: First Class BSc (Hons) - Building Surveying.
- Liverpool John Moores University: Distinction HND - Building Surveying.
Memberships & Involvements
MRICS - Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors