East China Semi-Annual | Tier II Office | H1 2021
Insights & Recommendations
• In H1 2021, the overall office market in Tier II markets continued to recover, with net absorption continuing its steady recovery from H2 2020.
• We foresee vacancy rates remaining relatively high in H2 2021. A supply glut in all four cities is likely to keep competition intense.
• Landlords continue to offer diversified and flexible leasing options to attract tenants. We recommend tenants take advantage of the current tenantfavorable conditions to plan for long-term renewals or relocation.
H1 2021 highlights
• In H1 2021, the office markets in East China Tier II cities are recovering rapidly with strong demand, especially from TMT.
• In addition to the industrial agglomeration effect, government policies and tax incentives are becoming more important in office