What trends will dominate real estate investment as the world emerges from a potentially transformational year for global property?
We are pleased to launch our Global Investor Outlook, an in-depth exploration of investor sentiment, strategies and the forces set to shape global real estate markets.
Close to 300 respondents (including major institutional investors, listed property companies, sovereign wealth funds, private equity funds, family offices and third-party money managers) were surveyed in November and December 2020 to find out how investors are feeling about the year ahead and in which asset classes they’ll be exploring.
Headline findings include:
- Our research points to a broad-based renewal of investment activity in the property market, as we anticipate a surge of up to 50% in global investments.
- 98% of investors across all regions aim to expand their portfolios this year, with around 60% looking to expand by more than 10%.
- In EMEA, the momentum continues in the industrial and logistics and living sectors which are less dependent on economic growth. Investors are also particularly interested in core office stock, albeit selectively, with some 32 per cent of respondents looking to invest in the sector.
- Tier-1 city offices remain the dominant sector. Closely followed by thriving logistics and living.
- Acquisitions to pick up pace in Q2 in EMEA.