Campus 6 is an office complex developed by Skanska in Bucharest, near the University Politehnica. Once complete, the complex will have a total leasable area of more than 871,000 sq. ft. consisting of four A class buildings.
The second and third phases of the complex, Campus 6.2 and Campus 6.3, currently owned by S Immo AG, are the first buildings in Romania to earn the WELL Core & Shell certification, at a Gold level. With this additional certification in 2021, Campus 6.3 became the first building in Romania to be triple certified, with prestigious LEED Platinum and WELL Health & Safety Rating certifications already under its belt.
Colliers advised Skanska for both the WELL Gold and LEED Platinum certifications. Several meetings were held with the entire project team to ensure alignment with project sustainability goals and requirements, as well as to discuss strategies to address and overcome common challenges faced by other LEED and WELL international projects.
During construction, environmental best practices included an erosion, sediment and control plan; 75% construction waste management diversion; and the use of low-carbon and low-emitting materials, including paints, coatings and adhesives, and composite wood with no-urea formaldehyde.
Features of the buildings include:
- First of its kind in Romania to offer tenants a rooftop running track (280m long)
- 91% of parking spaces located underground, reducing heat island effects
- Acoustic innovations to reduce indoor noise
- Purposefully abundant natural light
- Advanced technical and exhaust systems for optimized indoor air quality
- 42% reduction in water use via efficient flow and flush fixtures
- Energy savings of approximately 35% and cost savings of 30% vs. baseline office building
- Electrical charging stations and bike racks
- Greywater system to capture rainwater for irrigation
- Optimizations obtained for water and air quality, thermal, olfactory, auditory, and visual comfort
- Barrier-free, inclusive and accessible design, allowing every person to navigate and use the building easily and safely
- Biophilic design that integrates nature and supports mental health and wellbeing