Profile Printer Friendly Version
I am a third-generation MAI and Counselor of Real Estate residing in Atlanta, GA. I grew up in Colorado in a developer family and have worked with such companies as Deloitte & Touche, Equitable, the Federal Reserve, Prudential, the former SouthTrust Bank, Wachovia and Wells Fargo. I joined Colliers at the end of 2010 after 5 years with the Federal Reserve and 20 years of private industry experience as an appraisaer, underwriter, lender, credit officer and economist. I produce an array of weekly and quarterly market analytics products and reports for Colliers professionals and their clients covering all property types and 180 US markets. I am a frequent speaker to industry groups ranging from the American Society of CPAs, Appraisal Institute, Counselors of Real Estate, Conference of State Bank Commissioners, Federal Reserve, FDIC, National Association of Realtors, NCUA, RMA, and the OCC.
I have been mentored over the years by some of the most talented professionals in the real estate and banking industries. I have tried to honor those individuals and organizations investment in me over the past 25 years with a commitment to excellence and service back to our industry. Some of this work has been recognized.
* In 2007, I was asked to brief Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke on the burgeoning subprime lending and housing crisis, and how it might impact commercial real estate;
In 2007, the Appraisal Institute honored me with their annual "Presidential Recognition" award.
* In 2008, the Counselors of Real Estate bestowed their prestigious CRE designation upon me;
* In 2009, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta honored me with a "Key Player" award;
* Also in 2009, I was appointed the "Commercial Real Estate Risk Specialty Officer" to the NY Federal Reserve in the aftermath of the Financial Crisis; and
* In 2010, the FFIEC (Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council - comprise of all the primary bank regulatory agencies) honored me with a "Meritorious Service" award signed by Chairman Bernanke, Sheila Bair and the heads of the OCC and NCUA for my market analytics work during the Financial Crisis.
I also guest lecture to the respective bank regulatory agencies and at a number of major universities with recognized real estate programs, such as the University of Colorado, DePaul University, Georgia Tech, UConn and NYU. I have had numerous articles published in the Federal Reserve System, Wall Street Journal, Knowledge Leader and industry journals.
BBA from Emory University's School of Business