Leading global commercial real estate services firm Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CIGI
) today released the 2015 Q4 U.S. Industrial Market Outlook.
The U.S. industrial market remains at a post-recession high, recording the lowest levels of vacancy coupled with record construction activity. This is leading to upward pressure on asking rental rates, which have increased 1.5% from the previous quarter.
- The U.S. industrial market continued to break records, posting a vacancy rate decline of 10 basis points to end 2015 at 6.4%.
- Occupier demand for modern industrial space continues to grow.
- Currently, supply is struggling to keep up with demand.
- Tightening market conditions are putting upward pressure on rates.
- Gains are not shared evenly.
- The results of Colliers’ U.S. Q4 survey remained optimistic.
- These gains in occupancy rates, rent growth and construction are leading to aggressive underwriting for quality industrial assets in prime real estate markets.