Montgomery County is a county in the U.S. state of Texas. The county was created by an act of the Congress of the Republic of Texas on December 14, 1837 and is named for the town of Montgomery.
Montgomery County is part of the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- The population of Montgomery County is 537,459
- 81.5% of the total population of Montgomery County is White, 4.9% is Black or African American, and 2.8% is Asian.
- The age distribution of Montgomery County is 58.4% ages 20-64 years, 28.7% ages 19 years or younger and 12.9% ages 65 years or older
- The median age for females is 37.0 years old
- The median age for males is 34.9 years old
- 54.7% of Montgomery County residents are married
- 32.6% of residents have obtained a college degree or higher
- The projected annual population growth in Montgomery County over the next five years is 3.3%
- The estimated population density in Montgomery County is 499 per square mile
- The estimated per capita income for Montgomery County is $36,294
- The average household income in Montgomery County is $99,593
- The average travel times in Montgomery County are: 15-29 minutes (29.1%), 30-59 minutes (31.1%) and 14 minutes or less (20.4%)
- The total number of businesses in Montgomery County is 19,114
- The unemployment rate for Montgomery County is 2.7%
- > 37.7% of Montgomery County workers have Blue Collar jobs and 62.3% have White Collar jobs
- 73.8% of Montgomery County residents are married couples with children
- The average family household size is 3.3
- 73.8% of Montgomery County residents own their home while 26.2% of residents rent
- The median household income in Montgomery County is $72,654
- The owner-occupied median home value in Montgomery County is $158,201
- The renter-occupied median rent in Montgomery County is $745
Data provided from SitesUSA. Click here for the full report.