History

How We Started

Colliers International proudly traces its roots back to a local firm founded 1898. Today, our offices in 68 countries are aligned under a single brand and leadership, providing our clients with best-in-class resources while maintaining our historical flexibility and local ties.

Colliers was one of the first truly global commercial real estate organizations, formed more than 30 years ago as a network of independent firms. As client needs evolved, Colliers embraced the the opportunity to build an integrated global platform of professionals and property services to meet the demand for globally consistent service, accountability and integration.

Our local history

Founded in 1974, J.R. Parrish, Inc. quickly earned the respect of both clients and competition with its dedication to honesty, integrity, and delivering on promises made. That philosophy has attracted the industry's best personnel over the years. In fact, that philosophy brought the Parrish organization together with Colliers International, a global commercial real estate leader. After nearly 20 years of doing business as J.R. Parrish, Inc., the organization joined forces with Colliers in 1994, becoming an independent owner and taking the name Colliers Parrish International.

With the name-change came growth and between 1995 and 2000, the company's one San Jose office expanded to become ten office throughout Northern California and Nevada. One of these new offices was opened in 1999 right here in Stockton, the heart of Northern California's Central Valley. The office carries on the traditions and values of the company and is loaded with highly respected professionals, ready to find the best possible solution to any real estate requirement.

Did You Know?

Colliers was one of the first global companies to expand operations in Asia, Central Europe and Latin America. We're committed to providing our clients with access to emerging markets around the world.

Stockton