Colliers International’s brokerage associates closed 557 South Carolina transactions in 2013 valued at nearly $350 million. Leasing volume exceeded $170 million and sales volume was over $178 million. Significant transactions in 2013 include:
• Sale of 25 Calhoun Street for $24 million (Charleston)
• Sale of the development parcels at Bridgeside at Patriots Point for $17.2 million (Mt. Pleasant)
• Sale of Carolina Pines Industrial facility (350,000 square feet) to Intertape Polymer Corporation for $11.35 million (Columbia)
• Sale of 1301 Charleston Regional Parkway for $12.75 million (Charleston)
• Sale of 1000 Charleston Regional Parkway to Kontane Logistics for $10.6 million (Charleston)
• Sale of 528,456 square feet of industrial space to Colgate Palmolive for $7.9 million (Hodges)
“Colliers International’s 2013 sales and leasing transactions exceeded 2012 by almost $40 million. This increase in volume demonstrates that the South Carolina commercial real estate market has recovered from the effects of the recession. I am optimistic the expansion will continue in the retail, industrial, office, land, healthcare and investment arenas for the foreseeable future," said John W. Folsom, President and CEO of Colliers International South Carolina.
ABOUT COLLIERS INTERNATIONAL
Colliers International is a global leader in commercial real estate services, with over 13,500 professionals operating out of more than 482 offices in 62 countries. A subsidiary of FirstService Corporation, Colliers International delivers a full range of services to real estate users, owners and investors worldwide, including global corporate solutions, brokerage, property and asset management, hotel investment sales and consulting, valuation, consulting and appraisal services, mortgage banking and insightful research. The latest annual survey by the Lipsey Company ranked Colliers International as the second-most recognized commercial real estate firm in the world.
Colliers International South Carolina has 139 staff, including 57 real estate professionals. Total brokerage volume for the firm in 2013 included nearly $350 million in sales and leasing transactions. Colliers International is the largest third party manager of commercial real estate in South Carolina with a portfolio of 8.9 million square feet of office, industrial, retail and healthcare properties. Colliers International staff hold 41 professional designations, the most of any firm in South Carolina.