POSTED: March 31, 2017
Colliers International South Carolina is seeking a Property Manager for our Columbia location.
This position, with some supervision and periodic direction from the Vice President of Real Estate Management Services, oversees the physical and financial operation and maintenance of an assigned office, retail and industrial properties.
The functions for this position include:
- Manage all maintenance requests and tenant concerns
- Routinely inspect properties
- Keep abreast of the financial position of the properties
- Interact with tenants, property ownership and contracted vendors
- Promote tenant relations and retention
- Negotiate contracted vendors and bid out projects
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets
- Complete monthly operating reports
- Hire, train and manage on-site personnel
We are looking for applicants with a Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in commercial property management (not residential). CPM designation or candidacy preferred. The position will require working knowledge of basic accounting (MRI and Yardi experience a plus), as well as knowledge of the construction/building maintenance industry, including terms and relevant federal and state laws. Highly qualified applicants will be able to interpret blueprints, comprehend legal documents, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, work under pressure deadlines, negotiate vendor contracts and be self-motivated and directed with a high level of concentration and attention to detail.