CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
The Colliers team will professionally guide your project from inception, initial concept, and programming through pre-construction, construction and closeout. With years of experience on a variety of complex development project types, uses and sizes, Colliers will tailor our scope of services to address the specific issues and needs of your project.
Our Construction and Development Management Services include the management of the following initial tasks followed by pre-construction and construction project management services.
- Understanding the client's objectives
- Ownership versus leasing
- Joint ventures
- Feasibility studies & due diligence
- Site selection criteria & analysis
- Environmental review
- Existing conditions surveys
- Regulatory & zoning constraints
- Building the project team
- Retaining land use counsel (as well as environmental, transactional, etc)
- Design team formation
- Selection of third party inspection agencies
- Construction manager selection process
- Commissioning & occupancy logistics
- Managing the pre-development process
- Present options & alternatives for client review
- Analyze the hard & soft cost implications of alternatives
- Understand the nuances of regulatory & approval timelines
Navigating from an initial project idea through the complex labyrinth of designing and constructing a project within a budget and schedule, yet meeting the market expectations is an extremely demanding task. Once a project is conceptualized, the establishment and management of a unified design team and other essential consultations, the development of accurate budgets and schedules (more importantly, the maintenance and continual analysis of them) all require a dedicated team with the tested experience and the encompassing knowledge to guide a project through to its successful completion. Colliers has provided Construction and Development Management Services to the private and institutional real estate communities for over 20 years.
BENEFITS OF COLLIERS' INVOLVEMENT EARLY IN THE CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
The expertise and unique management that Colliers brings to a project from the initial concept phase through project completion will benefit the client in numerous ways including:
- Our proven experience in commercial construction and development, including our own development, will provide ownership with the seasoned insight of a strong, experienced, cohesive project team. The "lessons learned" in a demanding environment can readily be transferred to other locations.
- Ability to analyze preliminary zoning and massing studies to allow for building use and program options.
- Early hard and soft cost budgeting to allow for insightful decisions relating to project scope.
- Development of an early conceptual milestone schedule to allow for a thorough understanding of the time sensitive owner decisions required to eliminate unnecessary "false steps" and produce a successful project.
- Experienced approach to design team management and contractor recommendations and selections.
- Current knowledge of industry pricing utilizing projects and historical data as well as strong relationships with contractors and specialty tradesmen to obtain current costs, labor demands, and detailed understanding of the marketplace.