Business Owner-User Services
Helping business owners make strategic real estate decisions
When considering whether to lease or own, users of commercial space need to thoroughly understand the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
Why our clients hire us:
They are frustrated with the amount of rent they pay to landlords with nothing to show for it.
- They are worried about having enough money set aside for retirement.
- They realize that investing in a building provides an opportunity to pay rent to themselves and diversify their investment portfolio.
- On average, between 20 percent and 30 percent of a business owner’s monthly rent payment to themselves goes to reduce the principal amount of their building loan.
- In general, whether a business owner is leasing or buying space they are taking on debt.
- In a lease, the debt is in the form of a lease agreement and landlords anticipate earning an annual return of 8 percent or more on the lease.
- In a purchase, it is in the form of a loan and lenders are currently lending money at annual rates between 4 and 5 percent.
- We provide tools that help business owners compare the cost of owning versus leasing.