Ten proptech startups have been selected from across the globe to take part in this investment and mentoring process, three of which are located in the European cities of London (UK), Berlin (Germany) and Göteborg, (Sweden), including:
- London-based student rental accommodation startup, SPCE which, in partnership with Experian and the world's top universities, allows the higher education community to search and pay for campus-specific, student rental properties and accrue a positive credit rating without the need for deposits or joint tenancy liability.
- Göteborg-based Raybased is an open wireless network for commercial real estate, communicating across all existing electrical systems to monitor, control and optimise functions such as heating, ventilation, lighting and building access.
- Basking.io is an ROI-driven building automation platform for the flexible office space market operating out of Berlin.
Richard Crook, Head of Marketing, Communications and Business Development for Colliers EMEA and one of the mentors for the programme, said: “We have carefully selected the startups for investment based on their approach to near-term, value-enhancing opportunities for our clients as well as longer-term opportunities that, with strong technology platforms, will help Colliers push industry boundaries. These three European startups are truly innovative and we hope that through this programme, we can help to accelerate their businesses to new heights.”
Over the next 13 weeks, the Class of 2018 will work from the Techstars Accelerator space in Toronto to refine their business plans and gain traction with the market, while accelerating their fundraising strategies and developing Demo Day presentations. Through this process, the startups will work closely with mentors from Colliers and the broader real estate industry, successful startup founders and venture capitalists. At the end of the programme, each startup will present to investors and mentors at Demo Day on December 4, 2018.
Jay Hennick, Colliers Chairman & CEO said: “At Colliers, our enterprising culture values mentorship and the benefits it can bring to a growing company. Our class will have access to more than 100 Colliers and industry mentors, as part of the Colliers Proptech Accelerator, giving them an exceptional opportunity to test, pilot and grow their companies.”
The programme is part of Colliers’ focus on targeted innovation that will enable us to create solutions, shape technologies and find opportunities to advance the business and accelerate success. This inaugural class showcases diverse technologies and entrepreneurs, including:
- Solutions across the real estate value chain such as commercial datasets for occupiers and investors; office services and tenant engagement; big data, analytics and artificial intelligence; space as a service; marketplaces and space utilization; and, Smart City and Internet of Things
- Entrepreneurs representing eight cities in seven countries.
“Colliers is entrepreneurial and enterprising, which puts us in a unique position to help startups develop innovative, focused, and value-enhancing services for our clients and professionals,” said Dylan Taylor, Colliers President & COO. “Our Proptech Accelerator combines Techstars expertise in technology innovation, startups and alumni networks with our real estate expertise and international network.”
Colliers Protech Accelerator Class of 2018:
A Retail Space finds the perfect location for your business through data.
Basking.io is an ROI-driven building automation platform for the flexible office space market.
Booqed is a digital marketplace for flexible space, helping to connect businesses needing places to work, meet or host an event, with landlords seeking to monetize under-utilized space.
Lane is the operating system for your building, streamlining building operations on a cloud-based platform you can access anywhere.
MapYourProperty is a Google Maps for Real Estate Land Development, simplifying the planning process to a 3-click solution.
Propstack is a data & analytics company that helps predict real estate market trends and enables efficient transactions.
Raybased is the open wireless network for commercial real estate, communicating across all existing electrical systems to monitor, control and optimize functions such as heating, ventilation, lighting and building access.
RefineRE leverages real-time market data to provide CRE portfolio intelligence for organizations looking to make smarter, better and faster decisions about buying, selling, leasing, expanding, or downsizing their property footprint.
In partnership with Experian and the world's top universities, SPCE allows the higher education community to search and pay for campus-specific, student rental properties and accrue a positive credit
Upsuite Where teams go to find coworking spaces.