Warsaw, 25 April 2012 – Colliers International, the leading advisor in commercial real estate market publishes its newest market report presenting industrial activity in the I quarter of 2012 and the prognosis for the next months.
I quarter of 2012 in a nutshell as per Colliers’ report:
- new supply was six times higher in comparison with the same period of the last year
- vacancy rate fell by over 4 pp in relation to the corresponding period of 2011
- rents remained unchanged, however in regions where the vacancy rates are decreasing, a slightly upward trend can be observed.
According to Colliers, the prognosis for the industrial market for the next few months are optimistic. Over 230,000 m² of warehouse space is currently under construction with the majority being already leased. “This is a very good sign. High level of activity in the industrial market gives hope that this year will be as successful as the previous one in which we leased over 550,000 m2 of space for our clients.” – comments Maciej Chmielewski, Partner at Industrial and Logistics Agency.
Colliers report discusses the following aspects, presented also in the form of charts :
- supply of warehouse space
- selected lease transactions
- vacancy rate
- effective rental level
Colliers has been chosen Industrial Agency of the Year according to CEE Real Estate Quality