In the face of increasingly onerous legislation, volatile energy markets, technology disruption and stakeholder pressure to address environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, companies with an appropriate sustainability strategy for their budget and goals can enhance competitive advantage by driving asset and resource performance.
Leveraging our existing core real estate services, products and expertise across different sectors, our ‘Managed Programme’ effectively future-proofs your portfolio. Our wide range of services is delivered through our in-house sustainability advisory capability in conjunction with a suite of ‘best in class’ technical partners. This allows us to offer tailored solutions to meet your specific requirements.
What we do
PLAN & PRIORITISE
- Sustainability and Responsible Property Investment strategy frameworks
- Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) target setting and tracking
- Energy procurement and tariff reviews
- u-save, our forensic analysis & recovery of utility overpayments
- Benchmarking of ESG performance
- Implementation and funding of energy efficient technology & renewable energy solutions
- M&E systems review and operation
- Building certification including BREEAM, LEED and SKA
- Programmes for healthy workplaces and support with WELL certification
- Metering & data management systems
COMMUNICATE & ENGAGE
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES) and Section 63 (S63) risk mitigation strategies
- Compliance management of mandatory and voluntary energy & carbon schemes (including CRC, ESOS/EED, GHG)
- Consultancy on green leases and green supply chains
- Support with nonfinancial reporting schemes (including GRESB, CDP, UNPRI)
- Independent verification of energy & carbon statements
- Stakeholder engagement programmes
Recent success stories
- Achieved £40,000+ annual savings in energy bills through energy procurement and bill validation for a leading telecoms company.
- Developed a tiered strategy for a large pub owner in the UK to assess and quantify the risk within their portfolio arising from the upcoming MEES regulations. This highlighted any building upgrades required and potential exemption routes.
- Turned the requirement for an automotive manufacturing company to comply with ESOS into a value-added initiative by identifying real opportunities for energy performance within the compliance timeframe. Support was provided at every stage of the process from assessing organisational boundaries through to identification of best compliance route and sign off.
- Evaluated the applicability for implementation of green leases for a renowned building society across their estate taking into account specific portfolio characteristics and corporate sustainability targets.
Founding Members of