We have one of the most experienced out of town retail lease advisory teams working in the UK. Out of town retail is an ever changing market with its own rules and by being immersed in the market through close co-operation with our agency colleagues we can use market evidence and knowledge to the benefit of our clients. Lease renewals are becoming increasingly important in the market as we come out of recession and our detailed legal knowledge helps us drive the best deal for our clients.
The Colliers International Professional team is one the largest in the UK with over 30 rent review and lease renewal specialists covering the British Isles. The depth and knowledge within this team is reflected by the 10 Arbitrators on the RICS panel and that over half of the team are Directors.
To get the best results it is important that we have market based knowledge and in the retail sector we are all backed up by the advice and market knowledge received from our high street agents as well as the databases that we have created over the last decade or so. This enables us to achieve the best results and provide a bespoke service to either maximize income or minimise rental increases so matching your corporate strategy. As well as rent reviews and lease renewals we also undertake third party referrals, lease re-gearing, lease surrenders and section 18 valuation systems.
Services We Provide:
- Lease Renewals – Advice to both landlords and tenants on rental values and negotiations to expedite new lease agreements on the expiry of the existing leases.
- Lease Regears – In the current market we are increasingly regearing leases, over a year prior to the lease expiries and negotiating out break clauses. Identifying opportunities to restructure leasehold interests in advance of lease expiries, enables a tenant to be remunerated for covenant strength and the landlord to benefit from an increase in capital value.
- Rent Reviews – Rental valuations, advice and tactics to ensure optimum rents for landlords and cost reductions for tenants.
- Third Party Referrals – Comprehensive expert reports for submission to Arbitrators, Experts or to the Courts.
- Section 18 Valuations - Assisting both landlords and tenants with dilapidations claims on lease expiry
Why Choose Us:
- National Coverage - through our 6 regional offices we offer a thorough and in-depth knowledge of all areas of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Local Expertise – most of our regional teams deal only with commercial lease consultancy, ensuring that all instructions are overseen by experienced property consultants who are experts in their fields.
- Market Based Advice - We work closely with our well established agency teams to ensure that all our advice is up to date and takes into account the most recent market evidence
- Tailor Made Service – we offer a bespoke service to suit your business requirements, to maximise either cost savings or income streams and fit within corporate strategies.