The Colliers International Public Sector team delivers a full range of services to all parts of the public sector including central and local government, further and higher education, health and the emergency services. We understand the increasing pressure on public bodies to use property in the most efficient way - by reducing costs, disposing of surplus assets and increasing returns on investment - and our established track record shows how successful we are in helping to achieve this.
Public Sector Services
Our public sector services cover the whole of the UK and are delivered from a network of regional offices where combined local knowledge and specialist skills are used to create the right team for every project. Our full range of public sector services include:
- Managing operational costs - lease re-gears, trading in break clauses, planned preventative maintenance.
- Efficient use of operational space – finding the statistics to benchmark performance.
- Minimising surplus property costs – empty rates initiatives, surrenders, security.
- Active asset management – maximising the value of assets in a changing market environment including alternative uses.
- Selling surplus property – new ideas, on-line and real time auctions, sale and leasebacks, partnering to maximise receipts, Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) processes.
- Valuing assets – awareness of current public sector sentiment and relevant market data.
- Environmental issues – sustainability, green buildings, carbon footprint.
- Specialist sectors – hotels, leisure, automotive, waterfront, marinas.
- Planning, development and regeneration of town centres.
- Joint ventures – partnering with the private sector through PFI, PPP and LABV.
- Effects of new government planning guidance – health checks, need and impact studies, strategy and establishing monitoring frameworks.
- Destination Consultancy – helping towns attract people to live work and play.
Public Sector Frameworks
Colliers International is on a number of significant public sector procurement frameworks which allow for instant access to our services avoiding the need for tendering or OJEU. For a list of Frameworks Colliers International is appointed to, please contact Claire Holmes.