13 January 2012
Taipei total sales value of commercial real estate reached NT$38 billion in 4Q 2011
The total sales value of commercial real estate reached NT$38 billion in 4Q 2011, a decrease of 30.21% QoQ but an increase of 37.83% YoY.
Disposal of REITs and large-scale tender sales are major contributors to a high transaction value in this quarter. The accumulated sales value of
eight over-one-billion NT$ transactions reached 76.07% of the total sales value of 4Q 2011, amounting to NT$28.9 billion. Transaction details
are as follows:
• Tatung Beitou Industrial Offi ce sold for NT$6.95 billion.
• Champagne Building (B1 to 2nd fl oors) sold for NT$4.8 billion.
• Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Department Store, Sanduo Branch, sold for NT$3.5 billion.
• CEC Artech 21 Building sold for NT$3.42 billion.
• Eten Neihu Building sold for NT$2.5 billion.
• S.I.T. Wanguo Center under-construction development sold for NT$2.47 billion.
• We & Win Development Company Beitao pre-sale development sold for NT$1.93 billion.
• Delpha Heng Yang RD. (part fl oors) sold for NT$1.88 billion.
• City Lake Hotel Taipei sold for NT$1.45 billion.
2011 observed NT$127.7 billion of the total sales value, an increase of 16.58% YoY. It is worthwhile to note that the accumulated investment
sales value of six deals of disposal of REATs and REITs reached NT$34.3 billion in 2011, or 26.85% of the total sales value of 2011. The list of
REATs and REITs are as follows:
• Shin Kong Life Insurance Songjiang, Chengde and Banqiao Buildings REAT
• Cathay Dunnan Commercial Building REAT
• Shin Kong Dunnan Building REAT
• Kee Tai Star REIT
• Trident REIT
• Gallop REIT No. 1
Moreover, it was the fi rst time in the records that tender deals overtopped direct buy and sale deals with regard to investment sales value. The
investment sales value of tender deals reached 50.87% of the total sales value of 2011, or NT$64.9 billion. Meanwhile, direct buy and sale deals
recorded NT$62.7 billion of investment sales value, accounting for 49.13% of the total sales value of 2011.