Over 6000 property peers voted and chose Colliers International’s Scottish operation as the best in the Scotland, in a strongly contested category, including Jones Lang LaSalle, Cushman & Wakefield, King Sturge and Ryden.
Bob Fisher, head of Colliers International in Scotland said: “It’s a fantastic result and we are honoured to receive this national recognition from our industry peers. This is a tribute of to the strong relationships we have developed with our clients and business and professional advisers throughout Scotland. We are all very appreciative of their support.”
Tom Johnston, head of retail and the firm’s Glasgow office, added: “The award underscores the dedication, commitment and achievement of everybody in the Scottish team across retail, industrial, offices, planning, ratings, valuation, hotels and building consultancy.”
- Disposal of 10 ex-MFI lease guarantees for Howden Joinery.
- Letting of 37,000 sq ft to Go Outdoors at Granton Retail Park, Edinburgh.
- Acting on 33 live sites for Sainsbury's.
- Appointed joint agents on the 750,000 sq ft Clyde Shopping Centre.
- Comprehensive acquisition for Dixons, including major stores in Dundee and Bishopbriggs.
- Appointed by UK retailer Internationale on their Scottish portfolio.
- Braehead Shopping Centre – 80k sq ft letting to Primark, subsequent lettings to American retailers Apple and Hollister.
Industrial & Logistics
- Secured Scotland's largest ever pre-let of 500,000 sq ft to the Co-operative at Prologis M8 in Newhouse.
- Retained by Co-operative on a 1m sq ft warehouse disposal.
- Transacted more industrial space than any other Scottish agent.
- Instructed on 800,000 sq ft disposal in East Kilbride and a 1m sq ft unit in Dunfermline for Freescale Semiconductors Inc.
- Instructed on the disposal of Inverurie Mills, a 200-acre paper mill complex with 400,000 sq ft industrial space and 25,000 sq ft office space.
- Instructed on 150-acre site for Shepherd Offshore.
- Worked with Colliers International Australia to secure property in Darwin for AFCO.
- Secured planning permission in principle for 500 houses for McTaggart & Mickel, in a master-planned strategic settlement expansion at Greenan, Ayr.
- Promoted over 3,000 houses through the new Development Plans system.
- Appointed by the Scottish Prison Service for HMP Highland.
- Negotiated new lease for Pygmalion Properties to Travelodge on a 68-bed hotel in Dundee.
- Secured food and beverage operators for Rusacks Hotel, St Andrews for Macdonald Hotels.
- Sold the Howard and Channings Hotels for the Town House Co Ltd for a combined asking price of £9 million.
- Full feasibility and valuation reporting on the proposed Park Inn by Rezidor at Newbridge.
- Disposal of quality office accommodation in excess of 50,000 sq ft throughout the Central Belt of Scotland.
- Recently appointed near Craighall Business Park, Glasgow, on behalf of Elmwood Developments.
- Among the first agents to lodge material change of circumstance appeals on the grounds of increased vacancy levels and over supply of retail space late 2009, early 2010.
- As a result of these pioneering appeals, the Scottish Rating team have in the last 12 months secured refunds in excess of £3.5m for clients. This represents an overall increase in fee income between 2009 and 2010 of 240%.
- Completed two dilapidation settlements, saving £1m on claims acting for Scottish Water and Galliform.
- Project co-ordination of 40,000 sq ft of pre-let retail warehousing at Faraday Retail Park, Coatbridge.
- Project co-ordination of major façade improvement to Hermiston Gait Retail Park, Edinburgh
- Valued in excess of £1bn.
- Valued a single retail property in Lanarkshire in excess of £50m.
- Acted on behalf of an institutional investor valued a portfolio of 34 retail bank investments, £21m.